Saturday, February 2, 2013

My small group gave me a send off party on Friday that was so thoughtful and heartfelt it nearly killed me.   It was one of the hardest days of my life.  These are some of the most powerful women I know.  I love and respect these women beyond words.  When I need advice these are the women I go to...for anything...from parenting to spiritual advice.   These women have helped me though everything since we moved here.  They have been my family away from Kansas City.   My mentors, role models, partners in crime from time to time, confidantes, co-leader, mission examples, lunch dates, play dates for the kids, and I have even traveled with a few.   I can say that there isn't one that I don't love and I wouldn't give my life for.   I have enjoyed working hard for this group...it has been so rewarding.   I am going to miss the fun times and the great adventures we have had.  They gave me a necklace that says Blessed....yes I am because I met all of you.   Life would have been so different had we joined a different church and started somewhere else....but I know God had a plan and I was where I needed to be.  
They saw me though a growing time of my life and I am so grateful...I pray the are open to new women as they were to me...it was such a Blessing to my life and helped me so much when I was so searching.   
Thank you ladies.  I will miss you...
 

No comments: