Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Foster care...the last class

The last class is over and done...we are still not done with licensing and we are still no closer to being foster parents then we were two days ago yet I am hopeful.    The last meeting was a round table and panel discussion with professionals from the system and children who have been though the system and a biological mother who fought to get her child back out of the system.   It was so eye opening...not only did I want to take all of the young ladies home who where still in foster care but I felt a strong desire to give the biological mother a hug for all that she went though.   This system is flawed and we are just at the front end of it...we have a lot of work to do and this is going to be a hard road we have chosen.  We still have one tb test to go...Catie is not looking forward to that.   Neither am I....I think I may let her dad take care of that visit.

No comments: