Sunday, June 24, 2012

So proud of my Girl...want to nominate my kid for cool kid of the week!

My daughter did what I didn't really believe she could do...she had a fundraiser.  She had a garage sale to raise money to buy new socks and underwear for our new child.  You see we are in the process of becoming foster parents and we don't know what we will be bring home so we would like to have a few pairs of each size boys and girls underwear and socks on hand.  She
She did a great job of arranging the sale and setting up the sale and even advertizing the sale.  The best part about the sale was her salesmanship.  It took some practice telling everyone why she was having the sale and telling them that prices were by donation....she was only a little afraid to say what she was doing.   Once she was on a roll she was gone! 
She only had one person try to take advantage of her...a little disappointed I had to step in...feel kind of bad...and still not sure I should have...it was a donation sale...but the lady was clearly trying to take advantage of my baby.  
In the beginning Catie told me she wanted to help other children besides our other child...she asked how she could do that...I told her I wasn't sure but I would think about it.  I didn't have to think long before she came back to me and said she had an idea...what if she gave some of the money to the agency from the sale...I said that was a great idea and we agreed on amount and she is taking them a check tomorrow for $27.15
I couldn't be prouder if I had two of her!  She make my heart sing and I am the happiest mom on the planet!

No comments: