Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Alex today...my challenge today!


I love my little green eyed monster to the end of my being...he is my everything....but he is my biggest challenge in the mornings. It's his personality to do everything but what he suppose to be doing that gets him into trouble.   He's a dreamer...always off in his own little world.  I know he hears me because he talks to me and he interacts with me.  It's just sometimes he's not.  He goes and plays and does his own thing and pretty soon he's not dressed for school...that lead to missing breakfast and being late for the bus...thank goodness he can grab breakfast at school.
 When he's being quiet I forget he not doing what he's suppose to be doing like eating breakfast and all of the sudden, I ask "where's Alex"...Catie is never quiet sure either her answer is usually "in bed?"  
I suppose his ability to play alone is a good thing...but I just wish it would be at good times...like after school when his sister is trying to do her homework or when there is something Nathan and I need to do like make a grocery list.   Those are the times he is running around and screaming for attention...with a capital A!  The boy can make some noise!  He is so loud I remember asking Nathan one time are all little boys this loud...Nathan remarked some are louder...I think Alex heard that and felt like he had work to do.   He's so sweet sometimes...but then other times he's such a little stinker...he's such a boy!  I certainly can't take all the credit for him...Nathan has played a big part in how he behaves, but for the most part he's a good little guy.   A little slow to get started in the mornings and really doesn't follow directions from mom very well...wait...he may not be such a good kid after all....but I still love him!  And he's mine!  And I'm not trading him for anything in the world!

No comments: