Saturday, December 15, 2012

All Christians are not the same...please don't group us together!

I read something on facebook about Christians being angry about God not being in the classroom and that was the reason he allow the horrible act to happen in CT ???The thing I read was from an Atheist who was questioning why a Christian would question God's motives for letting such a violent act take place ...and responded right away...we should be troubled...that people see us Christians this way!!!!  I am not that Christian....

It concerned me that an atheist was bringing these things up...because I was at first a little bit bent outta shape that he was telling me how to think about my God then I was like wait a minute he has a point.   There have been a ton of posts over the last few days about God not being at our schools and that's reason this horrible event took place in the schools and that's why it keeps happening.   
I have great faith and I know with the core of my being and I am sad to the very tip of my toes that so many people have taken this view.   I pray everyday when my children walk out that door that God goes with them.   I ask my children regularly if they pray at lunch.   I know my children are children of faith and God is with them.  I believe that God was with every one of those children that  cold morning and comforted them and their parents.   I believe God was with the children who were scared and angry and crying.  I even believe that God was with the gunman.   
My faith is not based in this government view of what is and isn't ok in the schools and I don't believe that the schools are responsible for educating my children about religion.  That's entirely my responsibly.   After all I don't want anyone to tell my kids anything that doesn't fit our theological ideas.    God is in those classrooms and he doesn't need an invitation ...he never left.  Every time we send our children into the classroom we need to remind them that God is with them...and God's love is everywhere.   

1 comment:

jacksmomin2004 said...

Sally I totally agree with EVERYTHING you said! I didnt read what you read by the athiest. What I read and I agree is that since they cant even mention God or call the upcoming break "Christmas Break" anymore. That a reason this country is going down the tubes in this fashion is because they are trying to remove God from our thoughts and Vocabulary and that is a downfall in our society that we are ALLOWING this to happen. That we need to get back on the path to believing in a higher being and to follow his path...Not that God doesnt exist just because we cant say His name as like you said HE IS ALWAYS with us....no matter if we can say His name or not or if they remove it from our money etc...HE IS ALWAYS WITH US!!!