Wednesday, December 19, 2012

That boy and His Birthday! Alex is 6???

A root-beer float on his birthday 
Long standing tradition
 donuts on your birthday!
It can't be can it?  I can't have a six year old infant can I?   Where did the time go and what happened to my baby?  He grew up with out my permission I might add...
I try not to wish away the days and let him be little...he is my youngest and until we have a third (like that's ever going to happen) I need to enjoy every minute of every day.  That is very hard to do when he is now six and still having toilet training issues....grrrr but that's another blog page.
He had his birthday party on Sunday and it was so much fun....we had it at home...his idea.  He wanted balloons and streamers......ok...we can do that!
   I got all the decorations at the dollar tree.  Just $35. to really go over top on the house...that included all the cups plates, napkins and party favors.   I baked cupcakes.   Nathan iced...it helps he's a chef...but really anyone could do what we did...Alex wanted sprinkles.   Blue and white since sis has a red dye allergy...red dye is made from crushed red bugs...(ew) so we avoid it most days as a whole.  He's pretty sweet to think of her though.  I got banners and hanging signs and a table top thing...it was birthday city at our house.  The streamers are still up...
The games Catie and I thought up..and Alex approves...Powerade bowling, Straw and pipe-cleaner crown building, and straw balloon racing.  It was so much fun and the kid had a good time too!









Alex was less than a good sport at times...but most kids are his age...we are working on it...he seems to have picked up a few bad habits at school from a little boy that we think just is not a good influence... isn't that always the case(smh) well it just won't work in my house.   1.2.3 to your room man.

No comments: