Tuesday, May 28, 2013

ovarian cancer part II

It's been almost two weeks since the news came out that Angelina had a double mastectomy after finding she had  the BRAC 1 gene.  I have been thinking about this off and on over the last few weeks and I am angry!   Still!
  It breaks my heart that because she is so wealthy and famous her challenges are news.   Yes she is drawing attention to a problem in America and around the world...but she is also not making it any easier for the rest of us that are left to wonder if we have the gene.
Yes I know I am being petty...but my life is as important as hers. To my husband, to my kids, to my family and friend I am important!  It doesn't matter how much money you have or you know when you are sick or dying...but those things get the coverage in reality...so the rest of us sit and wait for the cost of genetic testing to come down.
grrrrr....I feel just as angry writing this as I do thinking it...it makes me feel sad that I feel this way...but I do.  

No comments: