Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School

I can't believe it!  It's back to school day...this day is always my favorite day of the year.  This one is a little bittersweet.   This is the second and last year that Catie and Alex will be in the same school.   They also are going to start riding their bikes to school...that's good for me, because now I can get dressed when I choose...pj's all day if I want.
Alex is a little bit skittish about riding his bike, but he's excited.  We are still working on his ADHD medication...I think we are going to change to a different one.  He's not doing as well as I would like.  I need to put a call into his doctor and see what are options are.  Just increasing the dose hasn't helped.
  Catie wants to be in charge and doesn't want to go to school.  She is still pissed that we moved.  My little plum misses her best friend and wants to go back.  However she was greeted by a friend that is in her girl scout troop.  She seemed to change her tune when her friend came up and gave her a hug.  I keep trying to help her understand that she needs to try and get along with the others...try and make friends.  She is such a sweet girl when people get to know her.   I love her so much.
Rusty has has never been this excited about the kids going back to school...but today he was rolling on the ground and jumping up and down...he even growled a few times for me to pick him up...he's one happy doggie!  He needed a break from the kids...they have been very busy picking on him this summer.  






No comments: