Thursday, April 2, 2015

My little dancer!

Alexander is one of my biggest joys.   I absolutely love that he loves ballet.  He has gone back and forth all year long about being a ballet dancer.   He is torn about how boys can be ballet dancers.  He truly loves the art form however and you can see it in him when he moves.  He has tried to tell us at least 4 times over the course of the year that he wants to quit but as the week wears on we talk about dance or view his favorite videos and he ready to go again.  He also adores tap.   It is not my favorite type of dance but I will always humor my son and I love to see him happy and dancing.  I will list some of the links that he enjoys...if you have a little guy that dances he might enjoy them too.

School of American Ballet https://www.youtube.com/watch?

The Nicholas Brothers Best Tap Number Ever...Alexander's favorite dance by far...we watch it weekly at least...sometimes over and over again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF3KOLS9qLg

The third one is a commercial but it really demonstrates how strong male ballet dancers are...and that is the one thing I really think we want Alexander to understand and the people who are teasing him...and really the cause for him wanting to quit over and over again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GND3nlj7Y-w



So not really about my grateful journal tonight accept I am grateful I have a son and I am grateful he is willing to stick to a craft he really enjoys because I love watching him dance!

Feel free to comment!

No comments: