Wednesday, July 25, 2012

School starts in 3 weeks~ yeah~ I think???

I am ready to get back into the swing of things!   My kids are getting squirrelly and I am getting worn down...summer is almost over and I am feeling done.  At the VERY same time I am feeling really guilty for wishing away my last summer with my boy.   He is 5 and going to Kindergartner this year.  I will be all alone until we have a new child.  It will be just me and I am sorry that I am having these feelings. 
Mom guilt is one of those guilt's that soaks into your soul and drains the life right out of you....
You feel like you aren't being the best mommy you can be and you start comparing yourself to other mommies...then BAMMMM!  Someone else is doing the job better than you could be. 
The truth is ...my kids love me...they love being home.   They love the things we do.   We have had a AWESOME summer.   They are getting tired of being home too...we running out of things to keep us entertained.   It's bound to happen when we have had this many HOT days in one summer.  I think we have done very well.
I am going to muster on and we are going to prepare for school...Alex is practicing his name and Catie is reading Anne of Green Gables.  It's been an Awesome Summer~
See you on the flip side!

No comments: