Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Grandma Rae passed away

This is really out of order...I never published it...because I was mad at myself for writing it...not I am publishing all of my writing...and not going back.
Last Friday I found out that Grandma Rae passed away.  She had been ill it seemed my whole life...I don't know anytime that she wasn't sick from something.   She has always been in and out of the hospital and was on disability since I was in grade school.  When mom got sick grandma was right there by her side.   Ready to take care of her...my mom was always loyal to her and she never asked for a thing.  When my mom was sick my grandmother was very not nice to my dad.   She was ok to my mom but she was really awful to my dad after my mom died and it made it really hard for me to forgiver her.  All these years later I am sad that I did have the ability to look past her  pain and be nice and go see her in her last few years even though I knew it was getting close.   I was still so mad.   I was still so heart broken over the way she treated my dad all those years ago.  My dad loved her and my mom's whole family so much and it felt like he was betrayed.   All those years wasted!   All that time and and energy wasted...so sad...so many memories we are never going to get back....

No comments: