Monday, March 5, 2012

bracelet

Last weekend I went to the conference for foster parent and adoptive parents and people interested in both...while I was there I had a chance to visit many booth dedicated to educating people about children in the system here and abroad.  One booth had bracelets with names and ages of local children who need forever families.  I have looked at these children time after time and know that we can not help them because of our circumstances.  The idea behind the bracelets was you take one and pray that they will find their forever family.  So I took one of each...there were four...that was one for each of us.  I gave one to Nathan, Catie, and one to Alex.  Alex promptly gave his back he didn't understand and didn't want to loose it.  Catie is still wearing hers...she's such a good girl...I don't know if she praying for the little boys or not, but she sure does support the idea.  Nathan and I had to trade his was too small...but he keeps wearing it too. 
I only take mine off at night so I don't break it, but it reminds to pray for the child who needs a home now...the children we will be helping and the child we will one day make our own.  I hope until that day that child is safe...because until the day that the child come home to me...I can't be sure and that make me sad...

So if you see me with a rubber bracelet....feel free to ask my child's name...age and you can pray that child finds a forever home too.   You can also be praying for my baby out there that God is keeping him or her safe too.

No comments: