Sunday, March 4, 2012

the fade to grey

Recently some ladies I love were talking about how our society is allowing little things to slip in under the radar...little things that aren't so bad...really there not...are they?  OMG?  LMAO? Too short short on little girls ugly words on tv, radio, and kid's mouths.   Just little things.
  Not for me..not for my friends...well some of them...I cringe when I read facebook sometimes.  I type and delete messages all the time on facebook...I feel like calling people out on their poor parenting choices.  I know I can't tell people how to parent their children, but I have walked away from friendship because I knew that the parenting styles of other parents were so destructive they were taking me so far from the right road that I needed to cut ties.  It was so hard...and today it is very hard to see those profiles come up every now and then as people I might know in the recommendation.....yeah I might know her...but for my kid's sake I don't any more.  Some times I wonder and feel sorry...did I do the Christian thing...she always knew what I was about and never once made any attempt to find out, but was always trying to lead me astray.
 Today I try be the best parent I can...I screw up everyday...I admit that over and over....I am not proud of the crap I get my self into...but at least I am willing to go to God and ask for help and forgiveness.    I hope my children see my example and see that I am working on being the best mommy I can be and keeping on the straight and narrow and trying to stay away from the grey as much as possible...because every time we let a little slip up in and ok it...we let a little sin in. 

 don't let a little sin in...

No comments: