Monday, April 30, 2012

vaction and strangers

OK so Nathan and I both had strange experiences this vacation with strangers.   His first since it happened first chronologically.   We went to the luau at the Polynesian resort for dinner and the show...my dinner was all screwed up because of my pineapple allergy and our server was all in a tissy over it...yes I said tissy!  She was just bent all out of shape and worried I was going to get up-set.  No big deal I assured her over and over again....surely this has happened before...NO this never happen~~~They did eventually get it worked out.   The server was so glad that we were so understanding...I explained that Nathan was a chef and we understood that it's hard to make everyone happy at the same time...she reach over and planted a great big kiss on him....I think she was a little intoxicated.    I asked Nathan  "did she just kiss you?"   he shook his head yes and kind of looked stunned...All I could do was chuckle!

My stranger experience was on the way home.  We had a meal at the airport in Orlando and were sitting next a couple that had just had a vacation with their grandchildren.  They live in the city to the north of us and were traveling the same way so it seemed nice to sit and talk to people going the same way who had just had a similar experience...boy was I wrong.   The kids were having a great time...our dinner came.   The couple next to us had decided not to order any thing to eat...they were going to eat on the layover in Atlanta.  Nathan made a comment about if I didn't finish mine slide it his way...I knew I wouldn't finish based on how I've been eating so I pushed the peppers to the side for him and planned to hand over half.  The husband of the couple made a comment about handing some to him too...I though he was just being funny.  I ate my little bite and Nathan asked for a chip...so I just gave him half of mine.   I was really getting full...so I started to push the rest of mine away when the stranger to my right pipes up..."your not gonna finish that?"   "Well no I'm pretty full and don't want any more"  Then the stranger ask "can I have the rest of them then, and the salsa too"   "sure, your welcome to them"  
He then told me over and over how generous I was for giving him my left over nachos that were really not very good to begin with....I think he was just very cheap and didn't want to spend the money on his own meal!  

Vacation was a huge success and I had a great time...these were just two funny stories I couldn't help sharing!


 

No comments: