Thursday, April 5, 2012

talking about the dead...

ok so I know I am guilty of this to some degree....so feel free to call me on it.   But I am REALLY starting to get upset about some people only talking to me about dead people.   I am alive and you are alive...lets be alive together.  Don't call me on the phone to talk about our dead relatives.  Don't cry every time you see me because I remind you of my mom....please I have to look in the mirror every day!   Don't show up and act like the only thing we have in common is dead people.  WE are ALIVE...breathing...living happy...hopefully healthy individuals.  I really might want to have a relationship with you but I am truly struggling with the idea that you are stuck in the past.  I am moving on.  I had to...if I didn't I don't think I would have survived.  You have to get out of that rut and you will feel so much better.  My life took a path I never EVER expected and I couldn't be happier...well maybe if I didn't have migraines.  The truth is.  I don't talk too much about my mom's passing because it hurts.  I know it happened...it will always be there.  She will always be a part of me.   I love her and she created me, but I have to move on. 
I have two children that depend on me to be alive and if I live in the past everyday I am in the past I am not spending the time I need to with them...I hope to show them who mom was without making a big deal out of the fact that she died but I know that will factor into how they relate to who she was. 
Mom is gone, but I AM NOT!  Talk to me now...about now or please don't talk to me at all....at least not right now....

No comments: