Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Facebook -politics- media

I am super picky about who I allow to be my friend on Facebook...not just anyone makes the cut.   I don't accept all friend requests and I will cut people if they are bringing me down.  I don't need that.  Mostly the people on my Facebook are people who I want in my life.  A few people I will be cut the next time I go though and make Facebook cuts again.   There are some people that I cut them and in a few months they message me that they want back in...haha...here lies the problem.  I know them and love them and have known them my whole life.   Don't really want them in my life any more because well we just aren't in the same place  any more????
Anyway that isn't where this post was going.   I keep my Face book page pretty private and only the people I want around me.  I like and respect these people.  I respect their opinions.   As we creep closer to election time I am noticing more and more political ads...not political commentary but negative ads.   I see enough of the negative stuff on TV that I am a little concerned that I am seeing it on Facebook already. 
I am considering putting a post up on Facebook letting everyone know that I will be taking the political season off from Facebook, but then I miss a lot of goings on when that happens.   So my next best option is to let everyone know that I will just be blocking anyone that puts up a negative ad until after the election.   That way I just don't have to see them.   Then after the elections I will unblock anyone I had to block and everything will go back to as it was.
I don't think this will include political commentary, because most of the people on my Facebook I have enough respect for I can respect the political leanings and understand why they say the things they are saying.   I am also adult enough not to hold anything they are saying against them. 

No comments: