Tuesday, August 7, 2012

grandpa is dying

He relapsed...he has pneumonia and sepsis...he has decided to not fight it and go home and hospice will be stepping in to take care of the rest.   I am distraught to say the least...I found out on facebook last night.  My uncle put a post up announcing the development and I found out with all of his friends and the rest of the world.
I am suppose to be his favorite granddaughter but seems I get no notice and the fact that I live 395miles away is no big deal to anyone but me.   I will have to make travel arrangements and worry about when and how we will get there.
I am so glad I took the trip to Kansas City when he was ill before.  I need to call him soon and talk to him if he wants.      I need more to talk to Mari and make sure that she understands that I need a few days lead time so I can travel home for the funeral.

THIS SUCKS and there isn't anything I can do about it.

No comments: