Monday, February 6, 2012

credit...a tricky thing

Isn't credit a tricky thing???  We lost that stupid house in Leavenworth screwing up Nathan's credit...yeah...it sucks!   My credit is still in good health but unless I get a job my credit isn't considered for a loan.  Nathan has a credit card and we use it to make purchases.  It is in pretty good health, but here's the question.   Do we use it regularly to make small purchases, and pay them off to stabilize his credit?  Or do we leave it alone and not use it to show that he is capable of keeping a balance at zero?  Of course there is always the question...if we do use it, do we pay it off before we receive a statement or after.     When I was working and had my own credit cards and didn't have Nathan if I charged something as soon as I got paid I went and paid off the card and as soon as I went to get my first car loan...I got a really great rate.    SO I think that it makes sense that I know what I am doing with our credit...we will keep working on it...and hopeful in a year or so we will be in a position to be able to change the car we drive and maybe in a few years consider a new house...without me having to go out and get a new job.   WE will see...

No comments: