Tuesday, February 28, 2012

these darn headaches

I've had migraine headaches since I was five years old.  They come and go.  They frequent my life during times of change and crisis and extreme weather.   I've seen a neurologist before...after having a 7 day migraine that put me in the hospital and almost subjected me to a spinal tap.  I was not excited about this last visit I have to admit.  I have been living with a guy for over 14 year who only kinda understands what I'm  going though...I am kinda resentful that he doesn't fully understand...and I think he is kinda resentful that I keep getting "sick"  with this illness that he can't see. 
It's so hard to describe to someone who has never had a headache of this severity how BAD it really is...that I hate to use the word headache...I hate to say my head hurts for fear he's going to make that face I know he's going to make. 
Even worst...it's happening so often these days half the time I don't say anything I just deal with it, because I don't feel like he really understand what it's really like...the words he says tell me that he doesn't understand...or at least he doesn't know how to communicate what he understands.  I am getting tired...tired of the pain...tired of the doctors...tired of the tears...tired of feeling checked out.
 
I want my life back and I want it back now...I don't understand what triggered this lapse in my migraines....I went for many years without having weekly migraines...they are becoming daily.  

I just want some relief....I am praying that the new medications that the doctor has prescribed will be helpful and not make me feel vacant... I am also praying that my insurance will pay for them...my insurance sucks...I am thankful for insurance though...because without it we would not have been able to afford the tests and doctor appointment last week...so there are some blessings.  

No comments: