Tuesday, February 14, 2012

not feeling the love today

to be honest Valentines' day holds little appeal for me.  In all the years Nathan and I have been together we have maybe celebrated one together.  It seems to be  a day for other couples to celebrate their love for one another.  Just like Mother's Day...other mothers get celebrated...do I feel left out??? You betcha!  Can Nathan do anything about this???  Fat chance of that....so all the flowers and hearts and crap on Facebook today make me really want to throw up!!!!    Nathan does his best to make up the differences...he will be home for his afternoon break...I will rush off for Catie's school party.  When I get home we will quickly exchange gifts and he will run back to work to set up the romantic evening for everyone else!   
He did make me a beautiful carrot cake yesterday for Valentines' Day...It is yummy!  I guess that makes me feel a little better...

No comments: