Friday, January 27, 2012

how did I get this Job?

In life you don't get a job recommendation list...I wish you did.  When I was young I wanted to be a singer...then when I was leaving junior high I wanted to be a lawyer.  As I went though high school I waffled around about the path I wanted to take.  Most days it was art or music.  Some days it was accounting...silly me...you have to like sitting at a desk.  When I went on to college...I never declared a major...never made up my mind.  That should have been an indicator that I was missing something.  I took whatever class suited me...lots of art.  Tons of history.  Some math, English, and I took one accounting class.   I was never certain where my life was headed.  Then on Oct 21 1996 I was driving home from school during a freak snow storm.  I got all the way to the driveway of the house when a lady not paying attention didn't break and rear ended me traveling 35 mph...which doesn't seem very fast.  However when your car is standing still it's very fast.  it crumpled the rear end of my car...and did major damage to my back and neck.  I spent weeks in physical therapy so I could lift my head again.  I spent months going to the chiropractor and to this day my neck still is not right. 
After that accident I left college and started working full time at a factory making lottery tickets...don't laugh. At the time it was good money.  It was a night job and that suit me just fine too.  I met my very best friend on the whole planet there and to this day she is my soul mate.  She married my brother a few years after we met.  I love her to pieces.  In those late nights I began to play around on the computer and one night after work I got on AOL to check my Stars.  Astrology is a funny thing.  I think it is what you make of it and many times very self fulfilling.  Anyway.  At the time AOL had this service called profiles...very similar to Facebook.  Well I was on and Nathan was searching for someone to talk to and he found my profile and he contacted me with the worst pick up line on the planet..."Let me introduce myself as the man of your dreams"  I have to say it got a chuckle and a whatever.  To his credit he came right back with an apology and we talked for 4 hours that night.  Two weeks later we went out on our first date.  To make things even crazier...it was my brother's graduation party and I HAD to go.  So being the good sport that he is.  Nathan tagged along and met my WHOLE crazy family.   We did everything together from that moment on, and in a few short months I knew that I wanted to spent the rest of my life with him and have lots of babies with him...even though I have never...ever concidered having children before that moment.  I didn't think I ever would infact because of my mom's diagnosis...because when she died I was told to have my whole family complete by 25....I didn't even think that was possible.   But here we are almost 15 years later...2 biological children and planning on adding at least one adopted child to our family.    So that's how I got this crazy job!

Maybe someday I will have one of those fancy outside of the home jobs, but for now.  This is what my family needs and we are very happy!

No comments: