Saturday, January 28, 2012

She's So Beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vh7-RSPuAA&feature=fvwrel

I have a link to a you tube song above...it's for Mercy Me, Beautiful.  When Nathan and I were at the concert last year the lead singer said he wrote the song for his young daughter to help combat some of the harsh words she hears in the media and from negative girls around.  This week my little girl told me that some of the girls in her class have been teasing her.  My first thought was to go and straighten these girls out, but she is so young and it a good time to teach her about loving herself.  I sat down with her and had a good cry with her and shared my own problems growing up.  She seemed to understand that no escapes the other children being not nice.   We then talked about how it's not really about her but how that person isn't feeling good about themselves right at that moment.   I hope that some of it soaked in...she's so young, and I remember so well how much it hurts. 

She seemed be better the next day and we talked again about how she can feel good about herself.  She is so smart, funny, and beautiful.  I don't just day those things because I am mom...REALLY!!!

It's so hard to deal with these issues, when even at 34 I am feeling some of the same self doubt and concerns.  I pray that she sees the days when I feel strong and secure and overlooks the days when I don't! 

No comments: