Monday, January 16, 2012

therapy

I think it's very important to find a cheap or free way to achieve therapy.  When we moved to Bloomington three years ago, it became a necessity for me.  I had never felt so alone as when we moved here.  We didn't know anyone yet and I was really unsure that this had been a good decision for us to move here.  I thought that if I found something to keep me busy it might just help me over that loneliness. (not get over it but move though it)  I knew it was time to do something when I got up one morning maybe two or three weeks after we moved here and put up Alex's curtains in his bed room in hopes of him going back to bed longer.   The very next day I got up and we went to the public library and I checked out a couple of books on crocheting.  My grandmother had taught me to crochet just a little when I was Catie's age.   I picked up a skein of yarn and made a giant mess...but I was hooked...lol.  I had to check out the children's books...I found very quickly that the adult books expected me to know a few things...I didn't know anything.

Anyway, it's been three years and I still crochet when I need to think something out.  I also do it for fun now...but what once was just a form of therapy for me, is now a passion and something I really enjoy.  It gives me an outlet I need.

No comments: